Friday, January 9, 2009

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Surprisingly, this is probably only the third time I have read this book. I greatly enjoy the Harry Potter series, so much so that before each new book came out and after each movie, I would read them all again. Each go-over is more enjoyable than the last.

Up until a year ago, this was the only one I did not own. When I first read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, I fell in love with it. I was 10 at the time, but was already a reader of good literature (I read The Fellowship of the Ring two years prior).

Now, after the third or so time reading it, I am still finding it highly enjoyable for readers of any age. Rowling may not be the best writer in the world, but she writes very well. She tells more than she shows, but she is able to draw you into the characters and world around them by painting a vivid picture.

Even though Rowling has some continuity issues in room placement (more in the second book), and the sometimes far-fetched puzzle-solving skills of a Mr. H. Potter, the story is still wonderful.

This book goes on the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment